Sotiris-Angelos LENAS (Dr Eng., MSc.) holds a Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering (2009), an M.Sc in Computer Networks and Security (2011) and a PhD in Computer Networks (2015); all from Democritus University of Thrace, Xanthi, Greece.
Over the past seven years, Sotiris has participated in eight multi-partner R&D projects, funded by the European Commission, the European Space Agency and the Greek government, having been frequently assigned the role of Task and Technical Leader. During the summer of 2011, he also served as a visiting researcher at Caltech/Jet Propulsion Laboratory, investigating issues related to Delay-/Disruption-Tolerant Networking (DTN).
Currently, he is a member of InterSys Lab and holds a postdoc research fellow position at Space Internetworking Center (SPICE), where he is involved in the "Universal, Mobile-Centric and Opportunistic Communication Architecture (UMOBILE) and SENsing SKIN for Monitoring-Based Maintenance of the Transport Infrastructure (SENSKIN) research projects.
His expertise lies mainly in the area of Delay-/Disruption-Tolerant Networks (DTNs). In particular, he has worked extensively with the Interplanetary Overlay Network (ION) software distribution by JPL and IBR-DTN software distribution by Braunschweig University. He is also an active contributor to the open-source ION software community by developing and maintaining the Bundle Streaming Service (BSS). BSS is a framework specifically designed for delay tolerant networks, that supports the delivery of streaming media via DTN bundles.
Apart from those contributions, Sotiris has also published a substantial amount of work in the areas of network queue management and network applications. His research interests also include wireless sensor networks, future Internet technologies, social networking, network management and network security.
- Delay/Disruption Tolerant Networking
- Network Queue Management
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Network Applications
- Future Internet Technologies
- Social Networking
- Network Management
- Network Security
- SENSKIN: SENsing SKIN for Monitoring-Based Maintenance of the Transport Infrastructure, H2020 Project co-funded by European Commission, 2015-2019
- UMOBILE: Universal, Mobile-centric and Opportunistic Communication Architecture, H2020 Project co-funded by European Commission, 2015-2019
- ALPINE: A Low Power, Intelligent, sensor Network architecture for Environmental management, GSRT Collaboration Grant, 2013-2015
- Application of a BitTorrent-like data distribution model to Mission Operations, Funded by the European Space Agency (ESA), 2013-2014
- SPICE - Space Internetworking Center, FP-7 Project co-funded by European Commission, 2010-2014
- SDR - Space Data Routers , FP-7 Project co-funded by European Commission, 2010-2013
- Extending Internet Into Space – Phase 3 – DTN/IP Testbed Implementation and Optimization, Funded by the European Space Agency (ESA), 2010-2011
- Extending Internet Into Space – Phase 2 – DTN/IP Testbed Implementation and Evaluation, Funded by the European Space Agency (ESA), 2008-2010
- Networking 2011
- WWIC 2010
- Internatonal Journal Of Computer Mathematics
- IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Information and Systems
- Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing
More info and publications list:
Sotiris Lenas - Personal Webpage
Organization: Democritus University of Thrace
Department: School of Engineering - Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Address: Panepistimioupoli Xanthis, Kimeria, Ktirio A, 671 00 Xanthi, Greece
Telephone: +30 2541 0 79554
E-mail: slenas (at) ee -dot- duth -dot- gr